Thursday, January 29, 2009

This has been the craziest winter I've seen in Colorado since we first moved out here 6 years ago. In the low 20's and high teens for 4 days and then a nice toasty 50+ for another 2. Hey...I'm not complaining to be sure...just kinda goofy is all. They've been getting a lot more snow up in Cheyenne so far than we have down at the front range. I'm ready for another snow...well...as soon as those goofy roofers reroof the house...THEN I'll be ready! Been trying to get that project done since before Christmas but with all the holiday time and the snow and cold weather...it might just be mid spring before it's finished. ::checks the local forecast:: Whoooohoooo!!!! a high of 49!!! I may get that roof on yet!

I'm really looking forward to another fresh snowfall right before the moon is full...there is nothing to compare to a moonlit night when there's new snow on the ground. It sparkles like there's billions upon billions of teeny tiny diamonds glistening like a shiny carpet. It's magical and faery like. And even after 6 seasons of watching flakes dance in the air...it still amazes me and makes me hold my breath just to see the snow dropping elegantly to where ever it cares to rest. (not to mention catching a flake on your tongue) Pure magic! I still think my neighbors shake their heads and get perplexed expressions on their faces when I get excited to shovel the walkways and driveway clear..."There's that crazy Californian lady out there again...thrilled to be shoveling snow." I can imagine them saying that...but that's okay...I might be a little crazy. :o)

2 comments:

  1. We've had more snow this year and I just love it. If it's going to be winter, I want snow...no dull cloudy days for me....just BIG beautiful flakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here Barbara! Glad you could join us! :o)

    ReplyDelete